Thursday, March 11, 2010

Interview with Edina Tokodi



Artlog recently interviewed Edina Tokodi, the Hungarian born, New York based artist who's work is currently on display at The Gallery at LPR.


To point out our huge distance from nature sounds like a cliché already. City dwellers often have no relation to animals or greenery.

I don’t mean for these to be taken as an outright political statement, but I do feel that, if we devalue our knowledge about nature, our life gets unworthy, too. If we lose the connection to the origin, the purpose and the goal will be lost as well. My actions suggest a critique of a certain dismissive attitude towards living with nature and, at the same time, they express my passion for it. As a public artist, I feel a sense of duty to draw attention to the deficiency in our everyday life.


Read the rest of the interview here.

Edina Tokodi: "If All The World Were A Blackbird" will be on view at LPR through May 19th. Come check it out.

No comments: