Thursday, April 1, 2010

Philadelphia Weekly on CA Conrad


Philadelphia Weekly just posted a feature on poet CA Conrad-

“Sauntering, in the best sense, is when you’re walking the ground like it’s holy, and that’s how I wanted to view Philadelphia, and I do,” says local poet CA Conrad. “It’s not perfect. I’ve seen so many people kill themselves … die of murders.”

Twenty-four years ago, Conrad fled what he calls the “white-trash asphyxiation” of rural central Pennsylvania into the gritty bosom of Philadelphia to live out his calling. The gay poet says that after years of enduring homophobic taunting in his hometown he came to the city because, “I loved poetry and I didn’t know where else to go.”


Read the rest here.

CA Conrad will be reading at the InDigest 1207 Reading Series at The Gallery at LPR on Tuesday, April 6th. It's free. You should go.

Find out more about InDigest here.

No comments: