Wednesday, October 27, 2010

...this past Freedom Party: Surprise Guest

A quick note from Herbert Holler of the Freedom Party:

Last week at Freedom, a once-in-a-lifetime event took place. Lemme explain. We

were all rockin

--DJ Dave VJ from London, DJ Sickroc and DJ Unkle Chip from
Jersey (Elite Camp), DJ Cosi, and of course, DJ Me, to a packed room of almost
600 people. Suddenly, the light on the stage came on, and I saw Marc Smooth moving people and making room. And then some dude grabbed the mic and started talking, and I couldn't understand what was happening, except that I knew he was going to sing something, and I thought to myself, "oh no...who's this dude and what is he trying to sing right now? I hope he at least mastered the demo, and it's a short song so we can get him off the stage quickly..."

He handed a CD to Cosi.

Cosi pushed play.

Why did I start hearing the intro to "You Are in My System?"

IT WAS MICK MURPHY, LEAD SINGER OF THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shite!!

GEEKED!!!

He killed it!!!!
Amazing!!!!
EXTRAORDINARY!!!

One of my favorite 80s tracks. LOVE THIS RECORD. Then I started to hear the
whistle sound intro and then the beat of "Don't Disturb This Groove," and...I almost lost it. People sang along, went ballistic, and I almost needed a box of tissues. Y'all
know almost ANY time I get a chance to play a slow song, I play that record. If I'm
not feeling "Always And Forever" at that mo

ment, I'm feeling "Don't Disturb This Groove."

It was a night I will never forget. Thank you Mick, and thanks Dave VJ and the London
massive, and thanks to DJ Jon Quick for bringing everyone through.

-Herbert Hollerer of The Freedom Party

...now on to the next party

Join us @ LPR this Friday (the 29th) for Freedom Party's annual HALLOWEEN BASH! For more information CLICK HERE!


No comments: