We are currently seeking bartenders, check out the job description below!
(Le) Poisson Rouge is an 800-capacity multimedia art cabaret founded by musicians on the site of the historic Village Gate. We present concerts, dance and theater performances, film screenings, special events and late-night programming in the flexible-use main space, which features acoustic engineering by the legendary John Storyk/WSDG (Electric Lady Studios, Jazz @ Lincoln Center). The adjoining lounge is open at night as a secondary bar and event space. Bartenders report to the Managers and function as essential operations staff, responsible for exceptional customer service and strict quality control of food and beverage service.
* Candidates must be able to commit 15-40 hours per week over 2-5 shifts
* Daytime, evening & weekend hours may be expected
* Preference given to candidates with minimum 2 years Bartending experience in a high-volume nightclub, venue, or lounge setting
* Proficient with the Aloha POS system; training available for the right candidates
* Commitment and enthusiasm for outstanding customer service and fine-dining service
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and commitment to teamwork
* Familiarity with the arts and local cultural resources ranging from classic to cutting-edge
* Mature and discreet conduct in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
* Understanding of general bar operations
* Provide fast, efficient, friendly customer service at their station
* Strict adherence to all health department and state liquor authority rules and LPR employee policies
* Serve as a public relations ambassador of the venue
* Handle all transactions accurately and honestly
* Assist in duties relevant to the overall success of the establishment, as required or requested by senior management (general inventory days, mandatory staff meetings, etc.)
* federal minimum wage for tipped employees
* gratuities, in accordance with all federal and state laws and statutes
Please email your resume and Photo (optional) to email@example.com or drop it off at our box office. LPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively cultivates diversity in the workplace.